Pineapples are a strange, yet awesome fruit! Even though we consider it a fruit, the pineapple plant is actually an herb.
* * * Fun Facts about Pineapples * * *
* When European explorers first encountered these fruits in 1398, they called them “Pineapples” because they resembled pinecones.
* Even though it is a fruit, you can also make alcohol & vinegar from pineapples too!
* It takes almost 3 years for a pineapple plant to produce its first pineapple!
* After the first one is harvested, it produces one every 2 years after.
* Once harvested, a pineapple does not continue to ripen.
* Pineapples have very pretty flowers which vary from Lavender to a bright Red. And these flowers actually produce berries.
* Most of the flavor in a pineapple is concentrated toward the skin and not near its center.
* Pineapples have an enzyme called Bromelain, which is excellent for fighting colds & coughs. They are also an excellent source of Vitamin C. The enzyme is also great as a meat tenderizer.
* Long ago, Pineapple juice was used as a diuretic & for inducing labor!
* Although originally from South America, most of the world’s pineapples come from Southeast Asia. Thailand produces the most.
* You are what you eat. Eating lots of pineapples will cause the seminal & vaginal fluids to taste "sweeter".
At Crystal Emporium, our pineapples are made in Austria, where each one is 100% full-leaded crystal and is multifaceted so it truly blings & sparkles in the sunlight!
Each stands 70mm tall (X) 40mm wide and the flowered top is also quite detailed! We offer 3 colors: Clear, Light Green, & Purple.
It takes 3 years for a pineapple plant to mature enough to produce its first pineapple, but you can get yours now, and it will always stay sweet as it blings in that favorite sunlit window in your home. Choose 1 today!